Super healthy vegetable fajitas - a great crowd pleaser!
- 3 large bell peppers sliced
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 4 closed cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lime juiced
- a few handfuls fresh coriander
- 400g can black beans drained
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 avocado sliced
- grated cheese (or vegan alternative)
- soured cream (or vegan alternative)
- tortilla wraps
Heat oil in a frying pan and add sliced peppers and onion and fry for 5 minutes.
Add garlic and sliced mushrooms and continue cooking for 1 minute. Add the chilli powder, paprika and cumin and fry for two minutes or until mushrooms are cooked.
Add half of the lime juice to the mix and season well, along with some fresh, chopped coriander.
While the mushrooms are cooking, warm the beans in a separate pan with half of the lime juice and half of the coriander for a few minutes. Then add to the fajita mix. Transfer to sharing platter for serving, sprinkling some fresh coriander on top.
Warm the tortillas in the oven at a low heat for a few minutes. Serve with grated cheese, sour cream and sliced avocado, and enjoy!
* for added spice, add a chopped chilli (seeds removed) to the mix at the same time as the mushrooms and garlic