Green Smoothies that don't taste green!
This is a great recipe for beginners to green smoothies, as it tastes like a strawberry milkshake – but packed with nutrition as well as flavour.
The orange in this recipe really lifts the flavour, but you can leave it out and add more strawberries if you really just want that strawberry shake indulgence!
The banana thickens the smoothie up, but if you are not a big fan of banana, you can replace it with melon instead.
Remember, if you are worried about the thought of it tasting green, you can literally just add a few spinach leaves the first time you make it, and then add more each time you make it, to increase the nutrition.
Spinach and kale both work well, but spinach is the milder of the two, so I would recommend starting with spinach.
Because of the dark colour of the strawberries, this smoothie will never really look green, no matter how much spinach you add!
Strawberry Sunshine Smoothie
- 1 large handful strawberries fresh or frozen
- 1 banana sliced
- 1 medium orange peeled and sliced
- 1 handful of spinach start small and add more as desired
- oat milk or any other milk of choice
- Add solid ingredients to blender
- Add enough milk to cover the solid ingredients
- Blend for up to 1 minute, depending in power of blender
- Add more milk if smoothie is thicker than desired
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!