Green Smoothies that don't taste green!
My favourite cocktail was always a Piña Colada and I used to convince myself that the pineapple meant the cocktail counted as one of my five-a-day!
With this green version, you don’t need to pretend – you can have that delicious, summery coconut flavour, without feeling any guilt, or the sore head the next morning!
Top tip: Pineapples are rich in bromelain, which can aid digestion and reduce inflammation. Melatonin in pineapples also promotes good sleep, which is a perfect excuse to have a greeña colada for dessert!
- 1 large handful of pineapple cubed
- 1/2 banana sliced
- 1 handful of spinach start small and add more as desired
- unsweetened coconut flakes as garnish optional
- 1/2 can coconut milk plus extra coconut cream if desired
- Add solid ingredients to blender
- Add coconut milk
- Blend for up to one minute, depending on power of blender
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!