Green Smoothies that don't taste green!
This smoothie is a firm favourite in our house, as it is so versatile. You can mix it up based on which berries are in season, or whatever you have in your freezer and can alter the flavour by changing the combination.
If you want a sweet flavour, choose strawberries, blueberries and raspberries. For a sharper flavour, add blackberries and redcurrants.
Berries are packed full of antioxidants (the darker the colour, the better) so the more different varieties you can squeeze in, the more beneficial this smoothie is going to be.
Blueberries, blackberries and raspberries contain the highest amounts of antioxidants, including anthocyanins and resveratrol, both of which help to protect your cells from damage.
Berry Beautiful Smoothie
- 2 handfuls of mixed berries fresh or frozen
- 1/2 a banana sliced
- 2 handfuls of mixed greens or spinach
- unsweetened almond milk organic
- Add solid ingredients to blender
- Add milk to cover solid ingredients
- Blend for up to 1 minute depending on power of blender
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!